Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pure Grace

I adore this scripture.  It reads in my bible:   "Having wiped out the hand writing of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us.  And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." Colossians 2:14 

There is so much that Jesus did for us, it is hard to know where to begin.  It is difficult to speak of His great grace without acknowledging my own life.  I will do the former, and blend in my own life as I go.  

I worship at a grace church.  We don't do sinners saved week after week.  We don't do condemnation. We don't do anything but Jesus.  There is radical difference between the two churches.  We believe that confession is to tell God the truth.  We believe in telling the truth.  We don't however believe that we're sinners any longer.  We believe that Jesus paid our sin debt once and for all, at Calvary.  

We're (as a set of believers) often ridiculed for our belief system, because we don't believe that we're under the law of Moses any longer.  We are under a new covenant.  Jesus was the final Lamb.  There are no more sacrifices.  If there were, we'd still be under the old mosaic law.  We are under grace.  Just because we don't believe in the ten commandments, doesn't mean that we are free to break them, indeed, once you understand all that Christ did on the cross, why would one want to conduct themselves in such a manner?  However, we are ridiculed.  

We are a group of believers that focus our lives on our relationship with Christ, and His finished work on the cross.  The more you understand what and who Christ was, He makes Himself manifest inside of you.  It just happens the more you hear God's word.  

Christ was born, lived, suffered, and died for us.  While yet we are in sin, He loves us.  We serve a God that loves us so much (we cannot really even comprehend) that He made Himself into human flesh that He might know our feelings, out pain, and our strife - so that He would know us.  Our every living, breathing, moment.  He was tortured for us.  I think that is pretty amazing - it separates us from every other form of believers.  We are NOT religious.  Religion is for people who serve men, not God.  Rules not love.  Jesus is love.  God is love.  The only two commandments that Jesus gave us was 1). To love the Lord your God with all your heart, your mind, and your soul.  2).  To love your neighbor as yourself.  It's not exact but close as I know them.  Both of these commandments have to do with love.  The bible says that we are to love one another as Jesus loved.  And Jesus loved us with everything that He had, His whole life was a mission of love.  A life of sacrifice.  

People in the old testament could not follow the law.  All through the old testament they worshiped other Gods.  They did despicable things, and God had to save them, thus the foreshadowing of Jesus - whom had been there from the beginning of time.  We had to have a Savior, for from the moment that Eve ate the apple, (before actually) God knew we were going to have to have Christ.  

I wish I could explain all that I've learned of grace -- and how it's so miraculously changed my life.  The peace that I've found in the never ending rest that I've found in it's immeasurable life giving gift.  The gift of Jesus.  He's became the center of my universe, my breath, my life, my reason for living.  I know that no matter what my circumstance, He is awaiting my arrival with answers I'd never dreamed.  I don't have to fight with anything any longer, his grace and favor find me with out my having to do anything but love Him.  I have nothing to do but praise Him, pray, and trust.  As unsettling as this unstable world has become, I fear nothing.  I know that God has my destiny.  My every answer is in Jesus.  He sits at the right hand of God, and He is my everything.  My life is blessed.  There are so many scriptures that I'd love to share, so much of my bible that is so tender to me.  The words, like velvet.  He's given me meaning and direction.  He's given me purpose, and most of all, love.  

I hope that you find grace in your lifetime.  It's peace far surpasses anything that this world has to offer.  It is a peace that stands outside space and time, and is in Christ alone.  I honor it like I honor life.  It is a gift.  That was one of the things that Christ gave to his disciples.  I know that I have reached this place in my life due to the road that I was supposed to travel.  I'm humbled and in awe.  I'm more grateful than words can describe.  Life just makes sense.  I'm in poverty but life makes sense.  It's only for a season.  

Grace and peace to you...

Ephesians 1:7  "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the richness of his grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chemicals no longer needed.

  I agree with this wholeheartedly.   I'm going on day three... of little sleep, I'm in a transition with my depression medications....