Thursday, April 9, 2015

Appearances

As a people we're most likely to judge things by how they look.  I don't fault folks, it's mostly how we've been programmed.  It is the way of the world.  You cannot meet someone without them having to tell you who they "are" by what they "do" in the world.  I think this is a shame.  I've often written about our really not being meant to be "human doings" but human-beings.

I praise God today that He looks at our hearts.  It  (nothing)  is dependent upon our pocket books, our education, our standing in the world -- our privilege - nor any of those things, because if it were, I'd fail miserably.  Yet the heart can be a deceiver too.  Because we lust after the wrong things.  It's a ball of confusion living in this day and age if one doesn't know Jesus.  Especially if one doesn't know that everything that He offers is in the Finished Work of Jesus Christ - it's bought and paid for -- in the precious gift of His death, burial, and resurrection.

There are many things in my life right now that look bad.  I've bills unpaid that would normally be paid.  I started out in the hole -- because I'm not doing so well financially.  Last month was a struggle to put it mildly - financially.  Oh I made it, as I always do -- and I made it fine.  I didn't fret much and I don't, because I know that my Jesus sits..... SITS at the right hand of God.  I have His favor.  I knew that even though I had  a lot going on, and bills that I couldn't pay -- I'd ran out of things -- and was eating things that I'd rather not eat.....to make ends meet -- that Jesus would eventually turn it around, and beautifully.  I just had to wait patiently.  My time would come to fruition as long as I was faithful.

To worry is useless.  It robs one of the precious gift that Jesus gave us:  Peace.  I just believe, as a believer that we must rest in what Jesus already did for us, and did so beautifully -- with a patient heart.  Now this doesn't mean that I'm perfect at it.  I am not.  I have days were I do occasionally worry a bit. I wonder how this and how that.  I think to a certain degree this is human.  But I'm a new creation in Christ -- and I can (and do) at any given time -- release it and restore my faith in Christ.  It's as simple as saying "Jesus."  Reading the word, or praying.

It hasn't always been this easy for me.  I have an anxiety disorder.  I used to have panic attacks.  Jesus has transformed me.  I no longer suffer from them.  It has taken some time, but I do know that when Jesus said that all we have to do is ask in His name and He will answer us -- I believe.  The hardest part is that we have to let go of the outcome.  It won't come how you think it will.  Know this.  This doesn't mean that is will be awful.... it means that Jesus and the holy spirit are creative.  The answers to prayers that I've had in my life have blown me away.  Literally blown me away.

Often times in my prayer life, I will ask the Lord to show me something beautiful and He does.  Most times it's daily.  I pray for a closer walk with Him, and to know His heart.  He shows me through other people, my pastor and various things.  I've so much going on right now it's amazing.  I'm on the verge of returning to work, and I mean meaningful work.  Steady successful work.  Work for me that will hold me until I retire.  Jesus is answering prayers at an astounding rate.  I couldn't even pay my electric bill this month but Jesus covered this too.  I got a card for money out of no where in the mail just a few days ago and I needed it so badly -- it was from whom I do not know.  However, it bought groceries.

Just don't limit God.  Rest in Him.  The greater the problems, increase your faith.  Count your problems as opportunities to trust God.  He doesn't give you trials and tests... only good things come from the Father of Lights.  He never tests us.  He is always there to guide, direct, befriend, aide, take our yoke, and quiet our spirits when we go through things in this world.  This world is the problem, not God.  Jesus is the answer -- always was, and always will be.  It may appear that everything is crumbling, but trust you me, it's not.  Jesus knows.... He and only He is sitting at the end of your life - waiting for you -- that to me is so reassuring.  What do I have to worry about?  The Father of lights is just waiting on me.  It may appear that everything is going to hell in a hand basket -- but just visualize Jesus, call out to him, and He'll comfort you.  He'll comfort you today - tomorrow - and into all eternity... <3  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chemicals no longer needed.

  I agree with this wholeheartedly.   I'm going on day three... of little sleep, I'm in a transition with my depression medications....