Friday, March 20, 2015

He Knows

Pain has a way of making us forget God.  It does several things - but one of which that can happen is that it makes us angry.  Anger is often our first response to pain.  Anger is more powerful than hurt, so often times it is the emotion of choice.  With its power, we keep fueling it and don't recognize what's underneath.  The stronger the hurt, the nastier the anger.

Can you imagine being rejected by your best friend?  Or better yet, by your family?  This is basically what Jesus went through, His own people rejected Him.  He was belittled, rejected, called all kinds of humiliating names, and suffered horrific physical pain, then died.  All the while, He humbled Himself, gave of Himself, was kind, long-suffering, healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, and walked a law-perfect life.  He saw death and suffering during His lifetime, and out right betrayal.  I don't think we can even imagine the kind of circumstances that Jesus lived under and still He remained loyal to the Father.  Loyal unto death.  We cannot even Fathom that.  

Have you ever remained that loyal to anyone or thing?  I don't know if I have, even if it be inside my own mind.  Oh, I try - but I am imperfect.  I make mistakes, each and ever day.  I have to draw from outside help to stay focused, and draw neigh God to stay centered.  There were plenty of times in my life when this wasn't always true.  There are times when this is still hard.

Pain often times limits us.  It limits us in a variety of ways.  Sometimes it blocks us from seeing things clearly - or at all.  Often times it makes us completely deny things because it is just too painful to dare look.  When we feel those feelings, we can't see God.  I think it has to become so ingrained in us that He is near (so near in fact that He is our heart-center) and that we always have available to us to give that pain to Him.  We can give Him the pain.  His word says:

 Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me  all you who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."  (NKJV)

To me it is clear that we can come to Him when we are hurting.  Those are words in red - words that Jesus spoke.  A Yoke is a harness that (in those days) an oxen wears in pulling during harvest times, as in pulling the weight of the load of the plough.  Our ploughs are our burdens.  Our burdens are many times very heavy, and often times, only Jesus knows the whole story.  Why?  Because we do not share our feelings with others.  The world that we live in is a world of secrets, and it is getting worse, day by day.  We no longer reach out.  We don't know our neighbors, we don't acknowledge each other - we've our heads in these devices.  This isn't how we were designed to live...  Life now is all about what we can acquire, now how we can help each other.  Life was never supposed to be about who gets the most stuff.  Never.  Stuff has no real value to the human spirit.  Simply attain as much of is as you can, and see how you feel... it doesn't change anything you just have a bunch of stuff, but no real worth.

Dare to be real.  Dare to feel and have a relationship with the holy spirit inside of you.  The God that lives inside of you.  Sometimes I liken myself to a "weirdo"... I may be different - but I'd rather be different than the same as the rest of the rats in the maze.  They are going nowhere.  I know where I'm going.  I have real help in times of trouble.  I have a guide in everyday life.  I have a spirit inside of me from the living God!  I know from whom my Help comes!  I used to have pain that angered me, but the holy spirit inside has softened me.  It has brought me so many things.  Things to numerous to count.  I praise God for all that He has given me!

Pain changes us - if we allow it and walk through the emotions.  It isn't always easy.  It is however, worthwhile, and transformative.  Anytime one takes on this kind of endeavor - you cannot but come out a changed being.  God moulds us.  God moulds us into His likeness.  I'm so grateful for this.  It happens one step at a time - and sometimes we can't see it, but God does.  Remember He's outside space and time.  Until one day - the pain is past, and the vision clean - clear.  Then we can't remember the pain anymore.  That's the beauty of it.  Pain has no memory.  What an amazing God we serve!!!

So the next time that you're dealing with something painful, remember - He knows.  He's been there before you.  Tell Him about it, let Him carry your burden.  He will.  I think you'll be amazed.  Jesus has a tremendous Heart...else He would have never died for us.  Just remember...


(I don't own the rights to this video- I hope it can be seen) If you cannot see it - hit the "view on youtube button!  It's AMAZING!!!!

Grace and Peace to YOU!!!!  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chemicals no longer needed.

  I agree with this wholeheartedly.   I'm going on day three... of little sleep, I'm in a transition with my depression medications....